At Orbitz Electrical Ltd
we are committed to providing and maintaining a safe and healthy working environment for its employees and anyone entering its premises or site with a connection to the company’s business operations. In demonstrating Management’s duty of care, we will take all practicable steps to provide a working environment that minimizes incidents of risk or personal injury, ill health or damage to property. We will comply with the Health & Safety Act in all areas, this includes legislation, regulations, codes of practice and safe operating procedures.
- Providing employees with appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Providing employees with appropriate training
- Clarifying employee health & safety responsibilities
- Providing safe plant, equipment, and systems of work
- Regular consultation on health and safety issues
- Designating health and safety coordination roles at senior level
A safe working culture is the responsibility of everyone and this can be best achieved and continuously improved through cooperative efforts of employees. A safe culture will be reinforced through:
- Continually identifying, assessing and controlling possible risks to the health and safety of people that may arise in the workplace
- The provision of information concerning such risks and the promotion, instruction, training, and supervision of employees to ensure safe work practices
- Giving employees and when appropriate customers the opportunity to participate in health and safety decisions that affect them
- Accurate reporting and recording in all health and safety matters
- Formally recognizing excellence in health and safety management and innovations by staff
In the interests of maintaining safety, contractors, their employees, visitors and customers are required to observe and comply with all health and safety standards and rules produced. This includes any safety signage or warnings, or instruction given by any company employee whilst on our premises (or site).